The Medical University of South Carolina Public Information and Community Outreach group (PICO) delivers programs that address the health and wellness of communities nationwide. PICO programs draw strength and diversity from two cornerstone principles:
- The unique relationship between human health, environmental quality, Environmental Justice and economic development in assuring community development and quality of life; and
- The value of diverse partnerships - including those human and programmatic resources available to a state-supported, health sciences institution - to identify and resolve complex issues.
Current PICO initiatives include:
- National Conference on Health Disparities;
- Community Leaders Institutes and Technical Assistance Workshops in partnership with communities and stakeholder groups across the country;
- The Securing Our Future Series of made-for-television dialogues on energy security issues and alternative energy resources;
- The Our Health Series of made-for-television dialogues on minority health and health disparities; and
- The Isaac W. Williams Environmental Policy Lecture Series.
PICO products include live conferences and events, televised dialogues and publications. PICO products are available by request. Information on these (and other) PICO initiatives is available by clicking on the title or icon elsewhere on this page.